Tax Center Due Dates for 2022 Calendar Year
The dates below are not an exhaustive list of tax filing deadlines. Tax deadlines can also vary based on a number of factors unique to the taxpayer and taxing authority. Please consult with a qualified tax professional to confirm the tax filing deadlines applicable to you.
Federal Due Date for Individuals
Monday, April 18, 2022
Federal Due Dates for Business Owners
Note: Filing deadline listed below will occur the next business day when one of the dates below falls on a weekend or IRS holiday.
Due by January 31
- Form 940, Employer’s Annual Federal Unemployment (FUTA) Tax Return
- Form 944, Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return instead of form 941 for the previous calendar year, if the IRS has notified you in writing to File Form 944.
- Copy A of all paper Forms W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, with Form W-3, Transmittal of Wage and Tax Statements, or file electronic Forms W-2, with the Social Security Administration (SSA) to report wages, tips and other compensation paid to an employee
- Copy A of paper Form 1099, Miscellaneous Income, with Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns, or file electronic Forms 1099, Miscellaneous Income with the IRS, when you are reporting non-employee compensation payments in box 7
Due by January, 31, April 30, July 31, and October 31
- Form 941, Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return, for the previous quarter
Due by February 28
- Copy A of paper Form 1099, Miscellaneous Income, other than those with entries in box 7, with Form 1096, Annual Summary and Transmittal of U.S. Information Returns, with the IRS
The following due dates are for entities with year-end dates of December 31st. Please contact us if your year-end date is not December 31 and you are unsure of when your tax return is due.
Due by March 15
- Form 1065, Income Tax Return of Partnership Income
- Form 1120S, Income Tax Return for an S Corporation
Due by April 15
Due by May 15